It’s mothers day again and you want some spiritual messages and prayers (bible verses for mothers day).
Share any of the bible quotes for mother.
Send religious mothers wishes to help her feel closer to God. Biblical mothers day wishes might make her feel more important than ever.
You can also send bible verses as mothers day messages, or prayer messages on mother’s day, or anything else that fits the occasion to make her feel special.
Make an effort to embrace God’s love and optimism, and to spread joy
What Does The Bible Say About Mothers Day?
This first verse shows that you would never disrespect your mother. Examples of this can be seen in Exodus 20:12, “Honor your father and your mother,” and Leviticus 19:3, “Every one of you shall revere his mother and his father.”
1 Timothy 5:2 “Treat older women as you would your mother, and treat younger women with all purity as you would your own sisters.”
Ephesians 6:2-3 “Honor your father and mother” which is the first commandment with a promise “so that it may go well with you and that you may enjoy long life on the earth.”
Ruth 3:5-6 “I will do whatever you say,” Ruth answered. So she went down to the threshing floor and did everything her mother-in-law told her to do.”
Deuteronomy 5:16 “Honor your father and your mother, as the Lord your God has commanded you, that your days may be long, and that it may be well with you in the land which the Lord your God is giving you.”
What Bible says about a mother’s prayer?
The first bible verse about a mothers prayers is; Call to Me, and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things, which you do not know.’ Jeremiah 33:3 (NKJV)v
pray without ceasing, 1 Thessalonians 5:17 (NKJV)
The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much. Elijah was a man with a nature like ours, and he prayed earnestly that it would not rain; and it did not rain on the land for three years and six months. And he prayed again, and the heaven gave rain, and the earth produced its fruit. James 5:16b-18
Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.” Matthew 11:28-30 (NKJV)
You are such a blessing to your mom
You don’t realize how many hours your mom has prayed for you before and after you were born. Some mothers don’t tell their children I love you as much as they need to, but never underestimate the love that your mom has for you.
Genesis 21:1-3 “Then the Lord took note of Sarah as He had said, and the Lord did for Sarah as He had promised. So Sarah conceived and bore a son to Abraham in his old age, at the appointed time of which God had spoken to him. Abraham called the name of his son who was born to him, whom Sarah bore to him, Isaac.”
1 Samuel 1:26-28 “Please, my lord,” she said, “as sure as you live, my lord, I am the woman who stood here beside you praying to the Lord. I prayed for this boy, and since the Lord gave me what I asked Him for, I now give the boy to the Lord. For as long as he lives, he is given to the Lord.” Then he bowed in worship to the Lord there.”
Bible Verses For Mothers Day Cards
The following Bible verses make perfect additions to any Mother’s Day card. Use them as is or add your own special message for a card your mother is sure to love. When your mom reads these thoughtful Bible verses, she will know that you took the time and effort in finding the best Bible verse possible to wish her the best Mother’s Day.
“Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way, it is not irritable or resentful, it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.” – 1 Corinthians 13:4-7
“Let your father and mother be glad; let her who bore you rejoice.” – Proverbs 23:22-25
“But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.” – Galatians 5:22-23
Mothers Day Scripture
What bible teaches us about a mother love and scarifies?
Despite this, no job more rewarding. The Bible explains the power of God’s love throughout its pages, but other verses can also shed light on this amazing gift.
We’ve compiled a list of Bible verses about a mother’s love that are sure to inspire and encourage!
“Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.” – 1 Corinthians 13:4-6 (NIV)
A MOTHER’S WORK MATTERS
“Honor her for all that her hands have done, and let her works bring her praise at the city gate.” – Proverbs 31:31 (NIV)
NEVER FORSAKE OUR MOTHERS TEACHINGS.
Proverbs 31:26-27 “She opens her mouth with wisdom, and loving instruction is on her tongue. She watches over the ways of her household, and does not eat the bread of idleness.”
Song of Solomon 8:2 “I would lead you and bring you to my mother’s house she who has taught me. I would give you spiced wine to drink, the nectar of my pomegranates.”
Proverbs 1:8-9 “Listen, my son, to your father’s instruction, and don’t reject your mother’s teaching, for they will be a garland of grace on your head and a gold chain around your neck.”
Mothers Day Quotes From The Bible
How does the Bible describe a mother?
The following Bible verses make perfect description for mother. What is a mother according to the Bible? Although there is no explicit definition of mother in the Bible, the Good Book gives us information about what is expected of a mother.
- “Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long in the land that the Lord your God is giving you.” – Exodus 20:12
- “Her children rise up and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her: ‘Many women have done excellently, but you surpass them all.’” – Proverbs 31:28-31
- “Every one of you shall revere his mother and his father.” – Leviticus 19:3
- “The man called his wife’s name Eve, because she was the mother of all living.” – Genesis 3:20
- “Strength and dignity are her clothing, and she laughs at the time to come. She opens her mouth with wisdom, and the teaching of kindness is on her tongue. She looks well to the ways of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness.” – Proverbs 31:25-28
- “And Mary said, ‘My soul magnifies the Lord, and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior, for he has looked on the humble estate of his servant. For behold, from now on all generations will call me blessed.’” – Luke 1:46-48
- “A gracious woman gets honor…” – Proverbs 11:16
- “Hear, my son, your father’s instruction, and forsake not your mother’s teaching, for they are a graceful garland for your head and pendants for your neck.” – Proverbs 1:8-9
- “Only take care, and keep your soul diligently, lest you forget the things that your eyes have seen, and lest they depart from your heart all the days of your life. Make them known to your children and your children’s children…” – Deuteronomy 4:9
- “When Jesus therefore saw his mother, and the disciple standing by, whom he loved, he saith unto his mother, Woman, behold thy son! Then saith he to the disciple, Behold thy mother! And from that hour that disciple took her unto his own home.” – John 19:26-27
Bible Quotes About Mothers
Bible Verses About Mothers That Honor All She Does for Her Family
These verses show that the same way a mother will take care of her child, God will take care of you. Even if there was a chance where a mother forgot her nursing child God wouldn’t forget you.
“I would lead you, I would bring you to my mother’s house; she would teach me what to do. I would give you spiced wine to drink, some of my fresh pomegranate juice.” SONG OF SOLOMON 8:2
“As for children, obey your parents in the Lord, because it is right. The commandment Honor your father and mother is the first one with a promise attached: so that things will go well for you, and you will live for a long time in the land.” EPHESIANS 6:1-3
“Likewise, tell the older women to be reverent in their behavior, teaching what is good, rather than being gossips or addicted to heavy drinking. That way they can mentor young women to love their husbands and children, and to be sensible, morally pure, working at home, kind and submissive to their own husbands, so that God’s word won’t be ridiculed.” TITUS 2:3-5
“She is vigilant over the activities of her household; she doesn’t eat the food of laziness.” PROVERBS 31:27
“Love is patient, love is kind, it isn’t jealous, it doesn’t brag, it isn’t arrogant, it isn’t rude, it doesn’t seek its own advantage, it isn’t irritable, it doesn’t keep a record of complaints, it isn’t happy with injustice, but it is happy with the truth. Love puts up with all things, trusts in all things, hopes for all things, endures all things.” 1 CORINTHIANS 13:4-7
“I’m reminded of your authentic faith, which first lived in your grandmother Lois and your mother Eunice. I’m sure that this faith is also inside you.” 2 TIMOTHY 1:5v
“‘Excuse me, sir!’ Hannah said. ‘As surely as you live, sir, I am the woman who stood here next to you, praying to the Lord. I prayed for this boy, and the Lord gave me what I asked from him. So now I give this boy back to the Lord. As long as he lives, he is given to the Lord.’ Then they worshipped there before the Lord.” 1 SAMUEL 1:26-28
“Listen, my son, to your father’s instruction; don’t neglect your mother’s teaching; for they are a graceful wreath on your head, and beads for your neck.” PROVERBS 1:8-9v
“Jesus went down to Nazareth with them and was obedient to them. His mother cherished every word in her heart.” LUKE 2:51
“Honor your father and your mother, exactly as the Lord your God requires, so that your life will be long and so that things will go well for you on the fertile land that the Lord your God is giving you. DEUTERONOMY 5:16
I have taken all the mother’s day bible saying from biblegateway.
Bible Verse Mother’s Love
What does the Bible say about the role of a mother?
This first verse shows that you would never disrespect your mother. Examples: Proverbs 31:26: “She opens her mouth with wisdom, and the teaching of kindness is on her tongue.”
Proverbs 31:28–29: “Her children rise up and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her: ‘Many women have done excellently, but you surpass them all.'”
- “As one whom his mother comforts, so I will comfort you; you shall be comforted in Jerusalem.” – Isaiah 66:13
- “Above all, keep loving one another earnestly, since love covers a multitude of sins.” – 1 Peter 4:8
- “Many women have done excellently, but you surpass them all.” Proverbs 31:29
- “Can a woman forget her nursing child, that she should have no compassion on the son of her womb? Even these may forget, yet I will not forget you. Isaiah 49:15
- “Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long in the land that the Lord your God is giving you. Exodus 20:12
- “Hear, my son, your father’s instruction, and forsake not your mother’s teaching, for they are a graceful garland for your head and pendants for your neck”. Proverbs 1:8-9
- “And his mother treasured up all these things in her heart.” – Luke 2:51
- “I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth.” – 3 John 1:4
- “So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love.” – 1 Corinthians 13:13
- “Then the mother of the child said, ‘As the Lord lives and as you yourself live, I will not leave you.’ So he arose and followed her.” – 2 Kings 4:30
all these bible verses are taken from openbible.info
Christian quotes about mothers
- “Mom I know you’ve loved me as long as I’ve lived but I’ve loved you my whole life.”
- “The impression that a praying mother leaves upon her children is life-long. Perhaps when you are dead and gone your prayer will be answered.” Dwight L. Moody
- “Successful mothers are not the ones who have never struggled. They are the ones who never give up, despite the struggles.”
- “Motherhood is a million little moments that God weaves together with grace, redemption, laughter, tears, and most of all, love.”
- “I cannot tell you how much I owe to the solemn word of my good mother.” Charles Haddon Spurgeon
- “The Christian mom doesn’t love Jesus instead of loving her children; she loves Jesus by loving her children.”
- “A Mother holds her child’s hand for awhile, their heart forever!”
- “I don’t believe there are devils enough in hell to pull a boy out of the arms of a godly mother.” Billy Sunday
- “There is more power in a mother’s hand than in a king’s scepter.” Billy Sunday
- “A mother understands what a child does not say.”
- “The mother’s heart is the child’s classroom.” Henry Ward Beecher
- “Mothering is the gospel lived out as you hold your child’s heart in beauty, prayer, and patience. It’s not the big decision, but the little ones, trusting God through it all.”
- “Only God Himself fully appreciates the influence of a Christian mother in the molding of character in her children.” Billy Graham
- “To be a mother is by no means second class. Men may have the authority in the home, but the women have the influence. The mother, more than the father, is the one who molds and shapes those little lives from day one.” John MacArthur