This Thanksgiving Day 2022 we’ve gathered the best Thanksgiving Quotes about Gratitude, (also include funny thanksgiving Instagram captions, about food, and gratitude).
They also pair perfectly with Thanksgiving memes, Thanksgiving jokes!
Thanksgiving is the one day of the year when you may enjoy all the things you love most, including food, fun, family, and friends.
You know what, Thanksgiving is not complete without these Thanksgiving prayers, Thanksgiving ideas, Thanksgiving movies, Thanksgiving wishes too.
Here you will find, Thanksgiving Quotes about Gratitude, Thanksgiving messages about Gratitude, words of Thanksgiving Quotes about Gratitude, Thanksgiving Instagram Captions About Gratitude.
You might also want to check out our other lists of quotes, sayings and captions for Thanksgiving: Funny Thanksgiving Quotes, Short Thanksgiving Quotes, Thanksgiving Quotes for Family, Thanksgiving Sayings, Thanksgiving Wishes, and Thanksgiving Captions.
And if you’re officially done with Thanksgiving and are ready to move on to the next holiday, head over to our Christmas Instagram caption list.
Table of Contents
- Thanksgiving Quotes about Gratitude
- Thanksgiving Messages About Gratitude
- Thanksgiving Quotes to Express Your Gratitude
- Quotes about thanks and gratitude
- words of thanksgiving and gratitude
- Thanksgiving Captions About Gratitude
- Thanksgiving Instagram Captions About Gratitude
- Thanksgiving gratitude to Share With Family and Friends
Thanksgiving Quotes about Gratitude
Festive Thanksgiving Quotes to Spread Gratitude This Season. Because we all need a little heartwarming every now and then.
“I feel a very unusual sensation—if it is not indigestion, I think it must gratitude.”
“Joy is the simplest form of gratitude.” Karl Barth
“Gratitude is a quality similar to electricity: It must be produced and discharged and used up in order to exist at all.” William Faulkner
“Gratitude is the inward feeling of kindness received. Thankfulness is the natural impulse to express that feeling.” Henry Van Dyke
“Gratitude is a divine emotion: It fills the heart, but not to bursting; it warms it, but not to fever.” Charlotte Brontë
“Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more.” Melody Beattie
“Wear gratitude like a cloak, and it will feed every corner of your life.” Rumi
“Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not. Remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for.” Epicurus
“Someone I loved once gave me a box full of darkness. It took me years to understand that this, too, was a gift.” Mary Oliver
“Be present in all things and thankful for all things.” Maya Angelou
“An attitude of gratitude goes a long way when it comes to physical and emotional healing.” Jill Bolte Taylor
“When you recognize that you will thrive not in spite of your losses and sorrows but because of them… the word for that is healing.” Cheryl Strayed
Thanksgiving Messages About Gratitude
Thanksgiving Quotes to Fill You With Gratitude. They’d also serve as excellent Instagram captions.
“Thanksgiving, man. Not a good day to be my pants.” Kevin James
“Look at the sky: That is for you. Look at each person’s face as you pass them on the street: Those faces are for you.” Miranda July
“Cooking Tip: Wrap turkey leftovers in aluminum foil and throw them out.” Nicole Hollander
“Small cheer and great welcome makes a merry feast.” William Shakespeare
“After a good dinner, one can forgive anybody, even one’s own relations.” Oscar Wilde
“When I started counting my blessings, my whole life turned around.” Willie Nelson
“Recognizing and leaning into the discomfort of vulnerability teaches us how to live with joy.” Brené Brown
“I understood that knowledge was a dwarfing, obliterating, all-consuming thing, and to have it was to both be grateful and to suffer greatly.” Carmen Maria Machado
“Let us be grateful to the people who make us happy. They are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.” Marcel Proust
“I don’t want my sadness to be othered from me just as I don’t want my happiness to be othered. They’re both mine. I made them.” Ocean Vuong
Thanksgiving Quotes to Express Your Gratitude
Thanksgiving Quotes for Friends and Family to Express Your Gratitude. Show your appreciation by sharing inspirational words of thanksgiving and gratitude.
“Isn’t it lovely to, once in a while, feel small in the presence of your friend? Awed. Fortunate to experience nearness that calls upon space.” Durga Chew-Bose
“‘Thank you’ is the best prayer that anyone could say.” Alice Walker
“No duty is more urgent than that of returning thanks.” James Allen
“If you think about a Thanksgiving dinner, it’s really like making a large chicken.” Ina Garten
“Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.” Robert Brault
“Hello, sun in my face. Hello, you who made the morning and spread it over the fields. Watch, now, how I start the day in happiness, in kindness.” Mary Oliver
“Suddenly, so many things become so little when we realize how blessed and lucky we are.” Joyce Giraud
“Thanksgiving is a time to count your blessings, one by one, as each relative goes home.” Melanie White
“Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it.” William Arthur Ward
“Be thankful for what you have. You’ll end up having more.” Oprah Winfrey
“Sometimes pizza night is more than enough. [It] is my most faithful and feeble beacon.” Ocean Vuong
“Give thanks for a little and you will find a lot.” Hansa Proverb
“I am grateful for what I am and have. My thanksgiving is perpetual.” Henry David Thoreau
Quotes about thanks and gratitude
Best Thanksgiving Quotes to Show Gratitude to Your Friends and Family. Any of these funny and inspirational sayings would also make for a great toast.
- “Gratitude is when memory is stored in the heart and not in the mind.” Lionel Hampton
- “Let gratitude be the pillow upon which you kneel to say your nightly prayer.” Maya Angelou
- “True forgiveness is when you can say, ‘Thank you for that experience.'” Oprah Winfrey
- “I am happy because I’m grateful. I choose to be grateful. That gratitude allows me to be happy.” Will Arnett
- “Be thankful for everything that happens in your life; it’s all an experience.” Roy T. Bennett
- “For me, every hour is grace. And I feel gratitude in my heart each time I can meet someone and look at his or her smile.” Elie Wiesel
- “To speak gratitude is courteous and pleasant, to enact gratitude is generous and noble, but to live gratitude is to touch Heaven.” Johannes A. Gaertner
- “Showing gratitude is one of the simplest yet most powerful things humans can do for each other.” Randy Pausch
- “Gratitude is the inward feeling of kindness received. Thankfulness is the natural impulse to express that feeling. Thanksgiving is the following of that impulse.” Henry Van Dyke
- “A moment of gratitude makes a difference in your attitude.” Bruce Wilkinson
words of thanksgiving and gratitude
Best Thanksgiving Quotes to Express Thanks and Gratitude. Share these uplifting and inspirational Thanksgiving quotes to perfectly sum up your feelings and sentiments.
- “It is not joy that makes us grateful; it is gratitude that makes us joyful.” David Steindl-Rast
- “Thanks are the highest form of thought, and gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder.” G.K. Chesterton
- Always have an attitude of gratitude.” Sterling K. Brown
- “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.” Marcus Tullius Cicero
- “Thanksgiving day is a jewel, to set in the hearts of honest men; but be careful that you do not take the day, and leave out the gratitude.” E.P. Powell
- “As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them.” John F. Kennedy
- “The real gift of gratitude is that the more grateful you are, the more present you become.” Robert Holden
- “The struggle ends when gratitude begins.” Neale Donald Walsh
- “Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it.” William Arthur Ward
- “Gratitude can transform common days into thanksgivings, turn routine jobs into joy, and change ordinary opportunities into blessings.” William Arthur Ward
Thanksgiving Captions About Gratitude
Thanksgiving Quotes To Feel Happy and Blessed in 2022. These Thanksgiving quotes and sayings for 2022 are sure to provide happy inspiration for a great holiday filled with family, friends and thankfulness.
- “Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life.” — Melody Beattie
- “Thanksgiving is a time of togetherness and gratitude.” – Nigel Hamilton
- “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues but the parent of all others.” — Marcus Tullius Cicero
- “Showing gratitude is one of the simplest yet most powerful things humans can do for each other.” — Randy Pausch
- “An attitude of gratitude brings great things.” — Yogi Bhajan
- “Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and never giving it.”
- “It’s not joy that makes us grateful; it’s gratitude that makes us joyful.”
- “Thanksgiving is a joyous invitation to shower the world with love and gratitude.”
- “Gratitude turns what we have enough.”
- “Gratitude is the best attitude.”
Thanksgiving Instagram Captions About Gratitude
Happy Thanksgiving Quotes and Words of Gratitude to Share This Year.
- “We may not have it all together, but together, we have it all”.
- “Give thanks for a little, and you will find a lot”. — Hausa proverb
- “Why does food always taste better when you eat it with family”?
- “A happy heart is a thankful heart”.
- “Happiness is homemade”.
- “Home is where you treat your friends like family, and your family like friends”.
- “Family is where life begins and love never ends”.
- “Life is better when you’re thankful”.
- “I’m thankful for friends that have turned into family”.
- “Good food + better company = the perfect recipe for a day of thanks”.
- “Eat, drink, and be thankful”.
- “I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.”
- “Forever on Thanksgiving, the heart will find the pathway home.”
Thanksgiving gratitude to Share With Family and Friends
Share one of these short but meaningful Thanksgiving quotes at the dinner table this year for a Happy Thanksgiving toast that’ll put everything in perspective.
- My heart is as full as my plate
- Thankful. Grateful. Blessed.
- Life is better when you’re grateful
- In all things give thanks
- Thanksgiving is a word of gratitude
- The best attitude is gratitude
- There’s always something to be thankful for
- Thankful, blessed, and mashed potato obsessed
- Gratitude changes everything
- Grateful and great/full
- We go together like turkey and gravy
- A thankful heart is a happy heart
- Choose to be grateful no matter what
- Let our lives be full of both thanks and giving
- Life is gourd
- A strong family has well-worn seats at the dinner table.
- You can’t live a full life on an empty stomach
- Too blessed to be stressed
- Grateful for everyone and everything in my life today
- It doesn’t get any butter than this
- Blessed beyond belief
- Good food + better company = the perfect recipe for a day of thanks
- Not to be corny, but I’m feeling thankful
- Thankful today and every day
Final thoughts on famous quotes about Thanksgiving and gratitude.
I hope you found the perfect thanksgiving quotes about gratitude for your next post or great Thanksgiving pic.
And for when Christmas rolls around we have a list of Funny Christmas Quotes, Funny Christmas Captions, Perfect Christmas Captions, Short Christmas Quotes, Christmas Tree Quotes, Cute Christmas Quotes, Cute Christmas Captions, and Christmas Tree Captions that will get you in the holiday spirit.
Since December is almost here its time to check out our December Quotes and Sayings to welcome this most festive of months.
Let us know in the comments below if we missed any funny captions about Thanksgiving that should be added.