100+ witty, thoughtful, and sweet Mothers Day Quotes are added to this list of Mother day sayings that are fitting for all of the women who inspire you.
If you want your mother to chuckle with a funny quote from Mother’s Day or show her how much you care about a sweet say, you can certainly get a quote that is perfect for you.
Make it more special by applying the quote to a customized present to your mother’s day that she will view and enjoy for even longer after Mother’s day has ended.
What is the best message for Mother’s Day?
A mother’s love is like nothing else in the world. Mother’s Day is the unique time of year in which you remember your first best friend, and when you need advice, you still turn to your mother.
Mother’s Day is also a perfect moment in your life to express your love for all the other beautiful people.
If your mum, grandmas, sisters, aunts and friends look for a way of showing how special you think they are, these beautiful quotes about mothers are just what you need.
Highlight these quotations by applying to a personalised gift, including the custom wallpaper, wall art or mom’s best picture album.
If you expect a newborn of yours, why not add sentimental quotes to your announcements this time too.
What should I write to my mom?
Here are some Mother’s Day sayings that you can use as a message in a greeting card written by the daughters to the mothers.
- Thanks for being an incredible mother and role model to me during my childhood. I am so thankful to have your support and guidance as I navigate through life. Happy Mother’s Day!
- Mom, I honestly don’t know how I’d get through each day without you by my side. Thank you for being such a supportive mother to me, and a fantastic grandmother to my children. We all love you so much! Happy Mother’s Day!
- Growing up I don’t think I realized just how much you did to keep our day-to-day life running so smoothly. Now that I’m grown up, I am in awe of everything you did for us, and I admire you all the more. Thank you for making my childhood such a special one! I love you Mom!
- Mom, you’re truly the best mother, role-model, and friend I could wish for. Thanks for guiding me through life and supporting me every step of the way. You are amazing!
- Now that I’m a mother myself, I realize just how much I have taken for granted over the years and appreciate everything you did for us all the more. I hope I can be as good a mother for my children as you are to me! I love you Mom!
- To my dear mother, you are my best friend and companion through life. Thank you for being there for me through good times and bad. I love you!
- Happy Mother’s Day mom! Although we’re far apart you are always in my heart. I love you and miss you more than words can say.
- May your Mother’s Day be filled with as much happiness as you brought to my childhood.
- May all the love you gave to us come back to you a hundredfold on this special day!
- Wishing you all the love and happiness you so richly deserve… happy Mother’s Day!
- Mom…. You’re the best! Thanks for all you do. Happy Mother’s Day!
- Thank you for always being there, Mom. Happy Mother’s Day!
- Because of you, I am me. Happy Mother’s Day!
- Wishing you a fabulous Mother’s Day! You’re the best mom I could have asked for.
- Wishing you a very special Mother’s Day. Thank you for always being there for me!
- Happy Mother’s Day to the greatest mom I could ever have asked for.
- Thanks for giving me the best things in life: Your love, your care, and your cooking. Happy Mother’s Day!
- To the most amazing mom in the entire universe… you! Happy Mother’s Day. Thanks for being so awesome!
- To the best mom in the world, Happy Mother’s Day! Thank you for being chief cook, counselor, taxi-driver, cheerleader, and best all-round mom in the world.
- Happy Mother’s Day to the greatest mom! We don’t say it enough, but we really appreciate all that you do for us every day. You truly are the glue that holds our family together!
- Happy Mother’s Day to one *super* mommy – we are so lucky to have you! Thanks for all you do!
- We hope you have an amazing Mother’s Day, Mom, and that you feel truly appreciated on your special day.
- Roses are red, violets are blue, sugar is sweet, and so are you! Happy Mother’s Day to the sweetest mother in the world, we love you!
- Mom, you taught me all about hard-work, patience, humility, kindness, perseverance, tolerance, forgiveness, and understanding. And how to have a lot of fun along the way! You have given me such a strong foundation by which to live my life, and I am so thankful for that. I love you Mom!
see more images on pinterest
Also Read: Baby Girl Quotes And Saying
Cute Mothers Day Sayings
Our moms are our greatest supporters and superheroes, but generally, we don’t mention how appreciated they are.
Now is the moment, for a personalized picture album, wall art or personalized present.
On her special day, tell the hot letter of your motherhood, whether she is new to the job or a lifetime of child-rearing experiences, how much she means to you.
- “A mother is your first friend, your best friend, your forever friend.” —Unknown
- “When you are looking at your mother, you are looking at the purest love you will ever know.” —Charley Benetto
- “Mother is the heartbeat in the home; and without her, there seems to be no heartthrob.” —Leroy Brownlow
- “Mothers are like glue. Even when you can’t see them, they’re still holding the family together.” —Susan Gale
- “My Mother: She is beautiful, softened at the edges and tempered with a spine of steel. I want to grow old and be like her. ” —Jodi Picoult
- “Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children.” —William Makepeace Thackeray
- “The influence of a mother in the lives of her children is beyond calculation.” —James E. Faust
- “It may be possible to gild pure gold, but who can make his mother more beautiful?” —Mahatma Gandhi
- “There is no role in life that is more essential than that of motherhood.” —Elder M. Russell Ballard
- “Youth fades; love droops; the leaves of friendship fall; A mother’s secret hope outlives them all.” —Oliver Wendell Holmes
- “Motherhood is the exquisite inconvenience of being another person’s everything.” —Unknown
- “Only mothers can think of the future because they give birth to it in their children.” —Maxim Grosky
- “My mother was my role model before I even knew what that word was.” —Lisa Leslie
- “To describe my mother would be to write about a hurricane in its perfect power.” —Maya Angelou
- “Motherhood is the biggest gamble in the world. It is the glorious life force. It’s huge and scary – it’s an act of infinite optimism.” —Gilda Radner
see more images on pinterest
Also Read: Best Baby Quotes
What does God say about a mother’s love?
What Does The Bible Say About Mothers Day?
The Bible consistently asks followers to honor and love their mothers. Examples of this can be seen in Exodus 20:12, “Honor your father and your mother,” and Leviticus 19:3, “Every one of you shall revere his mother and his father.”
Although the day of mothers is a relatively recent holiday in modern society, there have been variations of related holidays over the years.
The Bible does not mention in its verses directly the holiday of the Day of Mother, but often addresses the celebration of motherhood, for instance in the following passages.
See the pages below for our favourite selections from the verses on the Best Mothers Day Bible Verses For 2021.
- “Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way, it is not irritable or resentful, it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.” – 1 Corinthians 13:4-7
- “Let your father and mother be glad; let her who bore you rejoice.” – Proverbs 23:22-25
- “But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.” – Galatians 5:22-23
- “Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long in the land that the Lord your God is giving you.” – Exodus 20:12
- “Her children rise up and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her: ‘Many women have done excellently, but you surpass them all.’” – Proverbs 31:28-31
- “Every one of you shall revere his mother and his father.” – Leviticus 19:3
- “The man called his wife’s name Eve, because she was the mother of all living.” – Genesis 3:20
- “Strength and dignity are her clothing, and she laughs at the time to come. She opens her mouth with wisdom, and the teaching of kindness is on her tongue. She looks well to the ways of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness.” – Proverbs 31:25-28
- “And Mary said, ‘My soul magnifies the Lord, and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior, for he has looked on the humble estate of his servant. For behold, from now on all generations will call me blessed.’” – Luke 1:46-48
- “A gracious woman gets honor…” – Proverbs 11:16
- “Hear, my son, your father’s instruction, and forsake not your mother’s teaching, for they are a graceful garland for your head and pendants for your neck.” – Proverbs 1:8-9
- “Only take care, and keep your soul diligently, lest you forget the things that your eyes have seen, and lest they depart from your heart all the days of your life. Make them known to your children and your children’s children…” – Deuteronomy 4:9
- “When Jesus therefore saw his mother, and the disciple standing by, whom he loved, he saith unto his mother, Woman, behold thy son! Then saith he to the disciple, Behold thy mother! And from that hour that disciple took her unto his own home.” – John 19:26-27
- “As one whom his mother comforts, so I will comfort you; you shall be comforted in Jerusalem.” – Isaiah 66:13
- “Above all, keep loving one another earnestly, since love covers a multitude of sins.” – 1 Peter 4:8
- “And his mother treasured up all these things in her heart.” – Luke 2:51
- “I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth.” – 3 John 1:4
- “So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love.” – 1 Corinthians 13:13
- “Then the mother of the child said, ‘As the Lord lives and as you yourself live, I will not leave you.’ So he arose and followed her.” – 2 Kings 4:30
see more images on pinterest
Short and sweet mothers day quotes
You don’t have to write an article to tell your mother how much you love. Make one of these brief but sweet messages exclusive to your Mother’s Day card.
Or use the quotes below for inspiration to create your own particular message. Then combine with a sincere present or personalised picture box for Mother’s Day wishes.
- “My mother is a walking miracle.” —Leonardo DiCaprio
- “A mother understands what a child does not say.” —Jewish proverb
- “The world needs our mothers.” —Liya Kebede
- “A mother’s hug lasts long after she lets go.” —Unknown
- “There is nothing as sincere as a mother’s kiss.” —Saleem Sharma
- “Life began with waking up and loving my mother’s face.” —George Eliot
- “A mother is always the beginning. She is how things begin.” —Unknown
- “We are born of love; love is our mother.” —Rumi
- “Mother: the most beautiful word on the lips of mankind.” —Kahil Gibran
- “There is no influence so powerful as that of the mother.” —Sara Josepha Hale
- “A mother’s arms are more comforting than anyone else’s.” —Princess Diana
- “All that I am, or ever hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.” —Abraham Lincoln
- “A mother is the one who fills your heart in the first place.” —Amy Tan
- “Mother is one to whom you hurry when you are troubled.” —Emily Dickinson
- “A mother’s love is more beautiful than any fresh flower.” —Debasish Mridha
see more images on pinterest
Also Read: New Mom Quotes With Images
Caring mothers day quotes
Show your mother how much you admire with one of these lovely quotes for their affection and courage.
She takes care of you and the day-out family, so make sure she really understands that everyone cares for her. Make a pair of flowers or a beautiful letter to your favorite quote and remember how much you do.
These quotes are also good for a custom image picture of a photograph of the whole family – she would be touched and love showing the picture in the home!
- “A mother’s arms are made of tenderness and children sleep soundly in them.” —Victor Hugo
- “A mother is she who can take the place of all others but whose place no one else can take.” —Cardinal Mermillod
- “A mother’s happiness is like a beacon, lighting up the future but reflected also on the past in the guise of fond memories.” —Honore de Balzac
- “The art of mothering is to teach the art of living to children.” —Elaine Heffner
- “In the mother’s eyes, her smile, her stroking touch, the child reads the message: ‘You are there!’” —Adrienne Rich
- “If love is as sweet as a flower, then my mother is that sweet flower of love.” —Stevie Wonder
- “Mothers hold their children’s hands for a short while, but their hearts forever.” —Unknown
- “Mother’s love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved.” —Erich Fromm
- “Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs since the payment is pure love.” —Mildred B. Vermont
- “When you look at your mother, you are looking at the purest love you will ever know.” —Mitch Albom
- “There is no way to be a perfect mother, and a million ways to be a good one.” —Jill Churchill
- “There is no velvet so soft as a mother’s lap, no rose as lovely as her smile, no path so flowery as that imprinted with her footsteps.” —Archibald Thompson
- “A mother’s love is everything. It is what brings a child into this world. It is what molds their entire being. When a mother sees her child in danger, she is literally capable of anything. Mothers have lifted cars off of their children and destroyed entire dynasties. A mother’s love is the strongest energy known to man.” —Jamie McGuire
- “A mother is clothed with strength and dignity, laughs without fear of the future. When she speaks her words are wise and she gives instructions with kindness.” —Proverbs
- “Motherhood: All love begins and ends there. ” —Robert Browning
mothers day sayings funny
Is your mother well-known for its humor? Make your mothers’ day card or customized gift big and laugh loud this year.
These hilarious quotes are great for all moms – they deal with relevant circumstances and funny words about their power as a mom every day.
She certainly appreciates the comedic comments on all that is hard to be a mother and the special dynamic between mothers and their children.
- Happy Mother’s Day mom, love from your *favorite* child.
- Mom, I got all my best qualities from you. Aren’t we lucky that you had enough for both of us?
- I’m so lucky to have you as my mother… I’m sure no one else would have put up with me this long. Happy Mother’s Day!
- Mom, I know it’s hard for you on Mother’s Day… to hide the fact that I’m your favorite 🙂 Happy Mother’s Day!
- Thanks for putting up with a spoiled, ungrateful, messy, bratty child like my sibling. Happy Mother’s Day!
- Only a mother as perfect as you… could have a (daughter/son) as perfect as me. Happy Mother’s Day!
- Mom, thank you so much for everything you’ve done for me. Don’t worry about [brother’s name], I know he isn’t your fault, he must be adopted.
- Happy Mother’s Day to a woman who deserves a medal… for putting up with me all these years!
- Thanks for letting me be a parasite in your body for 9 months… followed by another 18 years as a parasite outside your body.
- Don’t you think it’s funny that you’re still my Mother? You deserve to have been promoted by now!
- You’re a very special mom so I’d like to give you a very special gift. You can have either a hug or a million dollars, whichever you prefer.
- **BIG HUG!**
- Do I know you well or what!?
- “The most remarkable thing about my mother is that for thirty years she served the family nothing but leftovers. The original meal has never been found.”
- ~ Calvin Trillin
- Happy Mother’s Day to someone who carried me for 9 months physically, and for [insert age] years financially.
- Mother (n). One person who does the work of twenty. For free. Also see: “saint”.
- Mom, I just wanted to say “Congratulations”… I turned out perfectly!
- “Any mother could perform the jobs of several air-traffic controllers with ease.” —Lisa Alther
- “A mother is a person who, seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie.” —Tenneva Jordan
- “An ounce of mother is worth a ton of priest.” —Spanish Proverb
- “A mom forgives us all our faults, not to mention one or two we don’t even have.” —Robert Brault
- “In the end, mothers are always right. No one else tells the truth.” —Randy Susan Meyers
- “God could not be everywhere, and therefore he made mothers.” —Rudyard Kipling
- “We have a secret in our culture, and it’s not that birth is painful. It’s that women are strong.” —Laura Stavoe Harm
- “It’s not easy being a mother. If it were, fathers would do it.” —The Golden Girls
- “When your mother asks, ‘Do you want a piece of advice?’ it’s a mere formality. It doesn’t matter if you answer yes or no. You’re going to get it anyway.” —Erma Bombeck
- “The phrase ’working mother’ is redundant.” —Jane Sellman
- “I want my children to have all the things I couldn’t afford. Then, I want to move in with them.” —Phyllis Diller
- “Any mother could do the jobs of several air traffic controllers with ease” —Lisa Alther
- “If evolution really works, how come mothers have only two hands?” —Milton Berle
- “There is only one pretty child in the world, and every mother has it.” —Chinese Proverb
- “Mom, I love you, even though I’ll never accept your friend request.” —Unknown
Inspirational mothers day quotes
Often a little inspiration is what a mother wants. Tell her, with an inspiring saying, she means to you the world.
These inspired quotes for Mother’s Day look perfect at home, and will always remind her of the important things she should use in the house.
These quotes from Mother’s Day are about what she teaches, supports, and encourages all of us every day for the family.
- Mother love is the fuel that enables a normal human being to do the impossible.~ Marion C. Garretty
- Your arms were always open when I needed a hug.
- Your heart understood when I needed a friend.
- Your gentle eyes were stern when I needed a lesson.
- Your strength and love has guided me and gave me wings to fly.~ Sarah Malin
- Life doesn’t come with a manual, it comes with a mother.~ Author Unknown
- There’s a reason some people think they can achieve anything. They listened to their mother.
- Mothers hold their children’s hands for a short while, but their hearts forever.~ Anon
- Mothers are like glue. Even when you can’t see them, they’re still holding the family together.~ Susan Gale
- God could not be everywhere and therefore he made mothers.~ Jewish proverb
- A mother is a person who seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie~ Tenneva Jordan
- “The mother’s heart is the child’s school-room.” —Henry Ward Beecher
- “To the world, you are a mother, but to your family, you are the world.” —Unknown
- “The loveliest masterpiece of the heart of God is the heart of a mother.” —St. Therese of Lisieux
- “Mother love is the fuel that enables a normal human being to do the impossible.” —Marion C. Garretty
- “Acceptance, tolerance, bravery, compassion. These are the things my mom taught me.” —Lady Gaga
- “To a child’s ear, ‘mother’ is magic in any language.” —Arlene Benedict
- “A mother is a mother still, the holiest thing alive.” —Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- “I can imagine no heroism greater than motherhood.” —Lance Conrad
- “Of all the rights of women, the greatest is to be a mother.” —Lin Yutang
- “Mothers can look through a child’s eyes and see tomorrow.” —Reed Markham
- “Mother—that was the bank where we deposited all our hurts and worries.” —T. Dewitt Talmage
- “My mother is my root, my foundation. She planted the seed that I base my life on, and that is the belief that the ability to achieve starts in your mind.” —Michael Jordan
- “Being a mother is learning about strengths you didn’t know you had.” —Linda Wooten
- “Mothers possess a power beyond that of a king on his throne.” —Mabel Hale
- “No language can express the power and beauty and heroism of a mother’s love.” —Edwin Chapin
Mother’s Day Wishes & Quotes from Daughter
An inspirational and beautiful series of phrases and quotes from daughters on Mother’s Day.
- I am a strong woman because a strong woman raised me.
- There’s a reason some people think they can achieve anything. They listened to their mother.
- If I didn’t have you as a mom, I’d choose you as a friend.
- We laugh, we cry, we make time fly…
- We are best friends, my mom and I.
- A mother. When you’re a child she walks before you, to set an example. When you’re a teenager she walks behind you, to be there should you need her. When you’re an adult she walks beside you, so that as two friends you can enjoy life together.
- No matter how old she may be, sometimes a girl just needs her mom.
- A little girl, asked where her home was, replied, “Where mother is”.~ Keith L. Brooks
- The special bond shared between a mother and daughter is the one place in all the world were hearts can be sure of each other. Like branches on a tree, we may grow in different directions, but our roots remain one.
- Mother and daughter never truly part, maybe in distance but never in heart.
- As mothers and daughters, we are connected with one another. My mother is the bones of my spine, keeping me straight and true. She is my blood, making sure it runs rich and strong. She is the beating of my heart. I cannot now imagine a life without her.~ Kristin Hannah
- The love between a mother and daughter is forever.
- A mom’s hug lasts long after she lets go.
- Daughter: “Mom, what’s it like to have the greatest daughter in the world?” Mom: “I don’t know honey, you’ll have to ask Grandma.”
- I smile because I’m your daughter. I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it.~ Unknown.
Also Read: Best Funny Baby Quotes with Images
also share with your family, friends sweet mother day quotes..