In this section, you’ll find some Christian-themed message ideas for what to write in a father’s day card message, plus Fathers Day Bible verses & Messages too.
These Bible verses about being a godly father and husband are perfect for Father’s Day and all fathers.
These Scripture passages reveal what God intended for men and how we may honor our dads.
Find a fantastic Bible verse to add in a greetings card for the father in your life or to send them in a text or phone call.
Share your affection and God’s love for your father or husband with Bible quotes!
Let us thank God the Father and His Son, Jesus Christ, for showing us the path to living a life of righteousness and for their unending love.
They’re perfect for writing inside Father’s Day cards or as Instagram captions for Father’s Day!
Related Reading: Best Father’s Day Captions For Instagram, Facebook [WITH IMAGES]
LOVE WATCHING FATHERS DAY QUOTE VIDEOS?
Then check out these best Happy Father’s Day Quotes for uncle videos and other Father’s Day quote videos on our “Kaveesh Mommy”
Editor’s note: You are welcome to share and use these original happy Fathers Day uncle quotes and images contained below. Please give credit back to our page. Non-commercial use only.
Related Reading: Short And Sweet Fathers Day Quotes: [WITH IMAGES]
List Of Happy Fathers Day Bible verses
- Ephesians 6:4: “Fathers, do not provoke your children to anger, but bring them up in the discipline and instruction of the Lord.”
- Proverbs 1:8: “Hear, my son, your father’s instruction, and forsake not your mother’s teaching.”
- 2 Corinthians 6:18: “And I will be a father to you, and you shall be sons and daughters to me, says the Lord Almighty.”
- Psalm 103:13: “As a father has compassion on his children, so the Lord has compassion on those who fear him.”
- Proverbs 22:6: “Start children off on the way they should go, and even when they are old they will not turn from it.”
- 2 Samuel 7:14-15: “I will be a father to him, and he’ll be a son to me. When he does wrong, I’ll discipline him in the usual ways, the pitfalls and obstacles of this mortal life. But I’ll never remove my gracious love from him.”
- Proverbs 23:22: “Listen to your father, who gave you life, and do not despise your mother when she is old.”
- Proverbs 23:24: “The father of a righteous child has great joy; a man who fathers a wise son rejoices in him.”
- Psalm 32:7-8: “You are my hiding place; you will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance.”
- Proverbs 4:11-12: “I will guide you in the way of wisdom and I will lead you in upright paths. When you walk, your steps will not be hampered, and when you run, you will not stumble.”
- Luke 15:20: “But while he was still a long way off, his father saw him and was filled with compassion for him; he ran to his son, threw his arms around him and kissed him.”
- Deuteronomy 1:31: “There you saw how the Lord your God carried you, as a father carries his son, all the way you went until you reached this place.”
- Malachi 4:6: “He will turn the hearts of the fathers to their children, and the hearts of the children to their fathers.”
- Hebrews 12:7: “Endure hardship as discipline; God is treating you as sons. For what son is not disciplined by his father?”
Related Reading: Best Inspirational Fathers Day Quotes: [WITH IMAGES]
Fathers Day Bible verses For Cards
- God knew just what He was doing when He made you my Dad! Thank you for guiding me through life. Happy Father’s day.
- I feel so blessed to have a Dad like you! Thank you for everything you do.
- On this Father’s day, I pray that your day is filled with joy and peace, and I give thanks to God for all that you bring to my life.
- Today I ask God to bless you with every kind of joy. Happy Father’s day!
- When I count my blessings, I count you twice! Happy Father’s day to my wonderful dad, I love you.
- And here are some beautiful blessings and verses to include in a greeting card to your Dad.
- The LORD bless you and keep you; the LORD make his face shine on you and be gracious to you; the LORD turn his face toward you and give you peace. Numbers 6:24-26
- May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13
- Children are a heritage from the Lord, offspring a reward from him. Psalm 127:3
- Children’s children are a crown to the aged, and parents are the pride of their children. Proverbs 17:6
Related Reading: Best Dad Jokes for fathers Day
- Here are some beautiful bible father’s day quotes for new dads or dads who may be struggling, providing encouragement in difficult circumstances and for when they are anxious.
- Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7
- Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28
- Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous be shaken. Psalm 55:22
- For I am the Lord your God who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you. Isaiah 41:13
- For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline. 2 Timothy 1:7
- Even to your old age and gray hairs I am he, I am he who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you. Isaiah 46:4
Related Reading: Loving Fathers Day Messages From Wife To Husband [WITH IMAGES]
- These next bible quotes for Father’s day are about parenting, and the role of a father in raising his children. They are advice to children, but reflect how the wisdom of a father influences a child throughout their life-time, and we can give thanks to our Dad for the role he has played in raising us.
- Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins. 1 Peter 4:8
- Honor your father and your mother, as the Lord your God has commanded you, so that you may live long and that it may go well with you in the land the Lord your God is giving you. Deuteronomy 5:16
- Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. Proverbs 19:20
- Listen, my son, to your father’s instruction and do not forsake your mother’s teaching. They are a garland to grace your head and a chain to adorn your neck. Proverbs 1:8-9
- Listen to your father, who gave you life, and do not despise your mother when she is old. Buy the truth and do not sell it – wisdom, instruction and insight as well. The father of a righteous child has great joy; a man who fathers a wise son rejoices in him. May your father and mother rejoice; may she who gave you birth be joyful! Proverbs 23:22-25
- My son, keep your father’s command and do not forsake your mother’s teaching. Bind them always on your heart; fasten them around your neck. When you walk, they will guide you; when you sleep, they will watch over you; when you awake, they will speak to you. Proverbs 6:20-22
Related Reading: Best Father’s Day Activities 2021: 50 Unique, Creative, Fun ideas
Listen, my son, accept what I say, and the years of your life will be many. I instruct you in the way of wisdom and lead you along straight paths. When you walk, your steps will not be hampered; when you run, you will not stumble. Hold on to instruction, do not let it go; guard it well, for it is your life. Proverbs 4:10-13
Bible Verses About Fathers Love
Related Reading: Happy Mother’s Day Messages [WITH IMAGES]
- John 3:16 – His Love Is Sacrificial
“For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.” John 3:16
- John 3:1 – We Are Called His Children
“See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are!..“ 1 John 3:1
- Matthew 18:12-14 – He Leaves The 99
“What do you think? If a man owns a hundred sheep, and one of them wanders away, will he not leave the ninety-nine on the hills and go to look for the one that wandered off? And if he finds it, truly I tell you, he is happier about that one sheep than about the ninety-nine that did not wander off. In the same way, your Father in heaven is not willing that any of these little ones should perish.” Matthew 18:12-14
- Matthew 7:9-11 – He Gives Us Good Gifts
“Which of you, if your son asks for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!” Matthew 7:11-12
- Matthew 6:8 – He Knows Before We Ask
“And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.” Matthew 6:8
- John 14:15-17 – He Gives Us His Spirit
“If you love me, keep my commands. And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever— the Spirit of truth.” John 14:15-17
- Romans 8:15-16 – His Spirit Testifies To Our Spirit
“The Spirit you received does not make you slaves so that you live in fear again; rather, the Spirit you received brought about your adoption to sonship And by him, we cry, “Abba, Father.” The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children.” Romans 8:15-16
Related Reading: Best Father’s Day Quotes From Son (WITH IMAGES)
Bible Verses About Fathers Responsibilities
According to the Dictionary of Bible Themes on Bible Gateway, fathers have a responsibility to love, instruct, and discipline their children in the ways of the Lord. In return, they are to be honored and obeyed by their children.
Fathers, do not provoke your children to anger, but bring them up in the discipline and instruction of the Lord.
Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it.
Fathers, do not provoke your children, lest they become discouraged.
But if anyone does not provide for his relatives, and especially for members of his household, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.
The rod and reproof give wisdom, but a child left to himself brings shame to his mother.
Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right.
Whoever spares the rod hates his son, but he who loves him is diligent to discipline him.
Discipline your son, and he will give you rest; he will give delight to your heart.
Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. “Honor your father and mother” (this is the first commandment with a promise), “that it may go well with you and that you may live long in the land.”
Do not withhold discipline from a child; if you strike him with a rod, he will not die. If you strike him with the rod, you will save his soul from Sheol.
Folly is bound up in the heart of a child, but the rod of discipline drives it far from him.
Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. “Honor your father and mother” (this is the first commandment with a promise), “that it may go well with you and that you may live long in the land.” Fathers, do not provoke your children to anger, but bring them up in the discipline and instruction of the Lord.
Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one’s youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them! He shall not be put to shame when he speaks with his enemies in the gate.
“Honor your father and mother” (this is the first commandment with a promise),
“Honor your father and your mother, that your days may belong in the land that the Lord your God is giving you.
Related Reading: Father’s Day Quotes From Daughter Ideas [WITH IMAGES]
Father Daughter Bible Verses
- Ruth 3:10-12 KJV
And he said, Blessed, be thou of the Lord, my daughter: for thou hast showed more kindness in the latter end than at the beginning, in as much as thou followed not young men, whether poor or rich.
And now, my daughter, fear not; I will do to thee all that thou request: for all the city of my people doth know that thou art a virtuous woman. And now it is true that I am thy near kinsman: however, there is a kinsman nearer than I.
- Psalm 144:12 KJV
That our sons may be as plants grown up in their youth; that our daughters may be as corner stones, polished after the similitude of a palace:
- Acts 2:17 KJV
And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:
- Genesis 31:50 KJV
If thou shalt afflict my daughters, or if thou shalt take other wives beside my daughters, no man is with us; see, God is witness betwixt me and thee.
- Ezra 9:2 KJV
For they have taken of their daughters for themselves, and for their sons: so that the holy seed have mingled themselves with the people of those lands: yea, the hand of the princes and rulers hath been chief in this trespass.
- Psalm 127:3-5 KJV
Lo, children are an heritage of the Lord: and the fruit of the womb is his reward. As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth. Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them: they shall not be ashamed, but they shall speak with the enemies in the gate.
- Mark 5:34 KJV
And he said unto her, Daughter, thy faith hath made thee whole; go in peace, and be whole of thy plague.
- Acts 21:9 KJV
And the same man had four daughters, virgins, which did prophesy.
- Genesis 19:12-13 KJV
And the men said unto Lot, Hast thou here any besides? son in law, and thy sons, and thy daughters, and whatsoever thou hast in the city, bring them out of this place: For we will destroy this place, because the cry of them is waxen great before the face of the Lord; and the Lord hath sent us to destroy it.
- Ezra 9:12 KJV
Now therefore give not your daughters unto their sons, neither take their daughters unto your sons, nor seek their peace or their wealth for ever: that ye may be strong, and eat the good of the land, and leave it for an inheritance to your children for ever.
- Ezekiel 16:44 KJV
Behold, every one that useth proverbs shall use this proverb against thee, saying, As is the mother, so is her daughter.
- Numbers 26:33 KJV
And Zelophehad the son of Hepher had no sons, but daughters: and the names of the daughters of Zelophehad were Mahlah, and Noah, Hoglah, Milcah, and Tirzah.
- Numbers 30:3-5 KJV
If a woman also vow a vow unto the Lord, and bind herself by a bond, being in her father’s house in her youth; And her father hear her vow, and her bond wherewith she hath bound her soul, and her father shall hold his peace at her; then all her vows shall stand, and every bond wherewith she hath bound her soul shall stand. But if her father disallow her in the day that he heareth; not any of her vows, or of her bonds wherewith she hath bound her soul, shall stand: and the Lord shall forgive her, because her father disallowed her.
- Nehemiah 3:12 KJV
And next unto him repaired Shallum the son of Halohesh, the ruler of the half part of Jerusalem, he and his daughters.
- 2 Corinthians 6:18 KJV
And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.
- Genesis 19:30-38 KJV
And Lot went up out of Zoar, and dwelt in the mountain, and his two daughters with him; for he feared to dwell in Zoar: and he dwelt in a cave,
he and his two daughters. And the firstborn said unto the younger, Our father is old, and there is not a man in the earth to come in unto us after the manner of all the earth:
Come, let us make our father drink wine, and we will lie with him, that we may preserve seed of our father. And they made their father drink wine that night: and the firstborn went in, and lay with her father;
and he perceived not when she lay down, nor when she arose. And it came to pass on the morrow, that the firstborn said unto the younger, Behold,
I lay yesternight with my father: let us make him drink wine this night also; and go thou in, and lie with him, that we…
- Genesis 19:8 KJV
Behold now, I have two daughters which have not known man; let me, I pray you, bring them out unto you, and do ye to them as is good in your eyes: only unto these men do nothing; for therefore came they under the shadow of my roof.
- Nehemiah 4:14 KJV
And I looked, and rose up, and said unto the nobles, and to the rulers, and to the rest of the people, Be not ye afraid of them:
remember the Lord, which is great and terrible, and fight for your brethren, your sons, and your daughters, your wives, and your houses.
- James 1:17-18 KJV
Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.
Of his own will beg at he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.
- Isaiah 32:9 KJV
Rise up, ye women that are at ease; hear my voice, ye careless daughters; give ear unto my speech.
- Joshua 17:3 KJV
But Zelophehad, the son of Hepher, the son of Gilead, the son of Machir, the son of Manasseh, had no sons, but daughters: and these are the names of his daughters, Mahlah, and Noah, Hoglah, Milcah, and Tirzah.
- Judges 19:24 KJV
Behold, here is my daughter, a maiden, and his concubine; then I will bring out now, and humble ye them, and do with them what seemeth good unto you: but unto this man do not so vile a thing.
- Nehemiah 5:2 KJV
For there was that said, We, our sons, and our daughters, are many: therefore we take up corn for them, that we may eat, and live.
- John 16:21-22 KJV
A woman when she is in travail hath sorrow, because her hour is come: but as soon as she is delivered of the child, she remembereth no more the anguish, for joy that a man is born into the world.
And ye now therefore have sorrow: but I will see you again, and your heart shall rejoice, and your joy no man taketh from you.
- Proverbs 31:30 KJV
Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth the Lord, she shall be praised.
Related Reading : Happy Fathers’ Day Quotes [WITH IMAGES]
Related Reading: What Does the Bible Say About Fathers And Daughters?
A sincere Father’s Day message from his son, daughter, or wife may truly honor him. Our collection of funny and Inspirational Fathers Day Quotes is just what you need to bring a smile on his face on this special day. Because sometimes our words are more powerful than our actions.
Surprise your Dad with a special gift and a special wish. If you can’t find the right words to wish him, keep on reading and you will find many Father’s day wishes and pick the right one for him.
This celebration is about fatherhood, so don’t forget your grandfathers…they are fathers too!